Summer o' Lebanon

Josh Wilson's recap of his trip to Lebanon and other Middle East hotspots. Don't die.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Welcome to London

Well, I'm in London now. It looks just like the east coast, but people drink a lot more. I met Amy at the airport and the adventure began. On the first night we visited Regent's park, and it was gorgeous. People were playing softball, soccer and cricket as well as a variety of other activities. (Actually those are the only sports they were playing) The gardens were amazing. I would post a picture, but there is no USB port on this computer.

Today, (Thurs.) we visited a lot of the city. (St. Paul's, Tower of London, London Bridge, Globe Theatre, Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus, Tate Modern, Southwark Cathederal). I realized a few things so far. First, art is great, but some art makes no sense to me. There was a video in the Tate modern of a guy that looked like an oompa loompa going crazy and jumping up and down. And then on top there was the same video upside down with the guy wearing different color clothes. What the f*%$ is that? I was actually kind of frightened. But Picasso and Warhol were pretty cool. Second, people in England love their soccer, and soccer is more fun when everyone around you is going crazy the whole time. Third, I like beer. I started drinking at 11:00 today, and there are pubs everywhere, so the drinking didn't really stop.

Well, I'll post again soon. Hopefully with pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger VJ said...

Josh rules! Beer on, my friend. And keep us posted!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home