Summer o' Lebanon

Josh Wilson's recap of his trip to Lebanon and other Middle East hotspots. Don't die.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The adventure is coming to a close

Well, I am now safe in London, and am enjoying the city during my 12 hour layover. I fly to New York next, and have an 8 hour layover their before heading home. The evacuation was an interesting experience to say the least. I have photos that I will post when I get home, but let me simply say that 11 hours on a cargo ship with over a thousand people, was not a good experience. However, we did have a good time once we arrived in Cyprus. It's a very westernized little country.

I was sad to leave the rest of the group. Over the past week I have experienced a lot with them. Going through bombings and an evacuation really ties people together. If anyone reads this blog (Sean, Pat, Alec, Ferris, Irwin, Ali, etc....) please leave me a post with your email and phone number, or send me an email at jfwilson33@hotmail.com. I hope that all of you got home safely.

Well, that's about it. I look forward to seeing many of you when I return. My parents are having a get together on Saturday, so hopefully you can come. My phone should start working once i get to new york. 8:45 pm PST. Thank you for all of the posts, and for the caring that you have shown.

Peace and love,
Josh

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky* said...

Josh I am so happy you are coming home! I have been reading your blog at work and never get a chance to write you a comment. I was so worried. I will be there on Saturday to welcome you home. YEA!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home